You were born to give birth, mamaHypnobirthing Australia Classes in Geraldton, WA
You CAN learn how to fearlessly ride the waves of your birth journey.
You CAN bring your baby into the world in a calm & positive way.
And you CAN become an active participant in the process & feel like a total birth goddess come your birth-day.
Hey birth goddess (yep, I’m talking to you!)…
If you’ve ever walked out of your caregiver’s office wondering, “What were my birth choices?” as you Google foreign terms on your phone…
Or your thoughts may have kept you awake at night because you’re annoyed at what people have been saying to you regarding your birth (thanks to all those unrealistic portrayals in books and TV shows)…
Or generally feel like nobody understands how heart-wrenching it is to feel so clueless, voiceless & advocate-less during one of the most intense (& vulnerable!) times of your life…
…Or even felt serious doubt over whether you can really do this after all, or if your body is going to shut down, or if you’re going to give in and & give away your power once labour starts…
I get it. And I can help.
Introducing the Hypnobirthing Australia program (brought to you by Melissa Ayling)
Hypnobirthing is a modern, practical childbirth education program that teaches a positive & empowered approach to labour & birth.
Thanks to state-of-the-art knowledge, support, tools and techniques (think: breathing, relaxation, visualisation, acupressure, movement, intuition and self-hypnosis) Hypnobirthing teaches mums-to-be how to create & maintain a positive mindset, make wise & informed choices, prepare their mind and body for birth & everything else they need to know to have a calm and positive birth experience.
I remember walking away after our first session feeling so much more knowledgeable and optimistic about labour and delivery. My husband too felt that he now had a more significant role to play, other than just designated hospital driver, which one midwife told him was the only thing that he needed to be concerned about. I cannot speak more highly of Melissa or of the Hypnobirthing Course itself. The classes were really practical, showing us different ways to manage labour to get the most out of the experience. She also encouraged us to know our options before labour, so that we could make educated decisions. Going to Hypnobirthing classes really took the fear out of labour for me. It helped build my confidence in the ability to give birth naturally. My husband and I learnt a lot through our hypnobirthing journey and we have been able to transfer the shift to a positive mindset beyond our pregnancy experience and into our new roles as parents. With much thanks and gratitude.The Changs
Throughout Hypnobirthing classes, you’ll learn to:
- Melt away the fear, doubts or reservations about the birth process (in fact, my clients walk away relaxed and excited to have their babies!)
- Have your partner understand the birth you are wanting and gain the knowledge and tools to better support you come your special day
- Cultivate confidence & an open mind so that no matter what happens come birthing day, you know you’ll you gave it all your heart
- Find your voice–and have better communication with your caregiver(s) about the birth you are preparing for and confidently hand over your birth preferences
- Learn to- easily master all of the tools and techniques and promote relaxation quickly in times of need
- Own your birth journey & embrace birth as a positive experience
- Navigate the modern maternity medical system and make informed decisions without compromising your (or your baby’s) safety at one of life’s most vulnerable journeys
- Avoid any unnecessary medical interventions and embrace any that are truly needed
- Gain a better understanding of the birth process as a physiological event and feel confident & believe in your body’s innate ability to give birth
- Feel connected to your baby and have a sense of peace and well-being in your pregnancy which carries through to motherhood.
…No matter whether you fancy a cosy home birth or dream about a natural hospital birth or positive Caesarean birth (Because with the right preparation and support, all kinds of positive births are possible.)
About Your Practitioner
Hi, If we haven’t yet met, I’m Melissa Ayling, award-winning Hypnobirthing Australia practitioner, serving the Geraldton area.
And my passion? Teaching mamas how to
fearlessly ride the waves of their birth journey
with the Hypnobirthing Australia program.
I believe pregnancy is a very normal–and beautiful–experience (Also a very vulnerable and challenging one!).
And giving birth can be, too!
Currently, I offer group, private, Skype & online classes using the Hypnobirthing Australia method, all in my signature down-to-earth, open-minded and very simple style.
Nothing hippyish or unrealistic here–although self-proclaimed hippies are totally welcome! 🙂
Oh, and I even serve refreshments.
When you sign up, we’ll spend 2 Sundays together, learning all things birth and proven tools that will help you to have a calm, comfortable, confident birth experience.
(And, side note: Hypnobirthing also encourages a relaxed and confident pregnancy and is a great foundation for positive parenting. Just so you know.)
Women finish the Australia Hypnobirthing program
- Excited to give birth! (Really–because they have found their voice, their innate strength and power and belief in themselves, not just in a system or a particular caregiver)
- (Way) less fearful, doubtful & reserved about the birth process (and less terrified they’re going to do something unnatural or experience immeasurable pain!)
- Embracing themselves, their bodies & their innate ability to birth their baby
- Confident to talk to their caregiver(s) without giving their power away come birthing day (and confident they won’t get talked into any weird position/medication/what-have-you they don’t already approve of)
- Knowing how to navigate their way through a modern maternity system and make informed decisions
With better birth outcomes and higher satisfaction rates overall
My husband was such an incredible birthing partner and we’re so glad we chose to try hypnobirthing and so grateful it was with Mel. It has forever changed my perspective of childbirth and I would definitely, without a doubt, do it again. We can’t thank Mel enough for everything she did for us. She’s so amazing at what she does and we feel so fortunate that we got to have her as our hypnobirthing practitioner.
Your Hypnobirthing Australia™ course investment includes:
- 12 hours of in-person, private, group or phone/Skype training for your best possible birth
- Two Australian birth preparation albums & the Hypnobirthing Australia folio – a comprehensive guide packed with additional reading, resources and relaxation scripts
- Ongoing personal support– I am always available for ongoing support via phone or email leading up to your birthing date. I offer additional support for extra circumstances free of charge such as an additional fear release, Caesarean birth and breech turn.
The truth is, the birth journey teaches us LOTS about ourselves–but the overarching lesson?
Nature is FULL of surprises. And as a result, it can be hard work getting the birth you desire – emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
Which means, sometimes no matter how much a mum prepares, birth–just like life–isn’t perfect.
But with Hypnobirthing on her side, mums-to-be can begin birthing with an open mind and an open heart, ready to make the very best decisions for the care of herself and her baby.
Calmly. Comfortably. Confidently.
Ready to get the support you need to birth with calm, comfort & confidence?
You’ve got options, mama.
Choose your class type:
Group Classes (Most popular option. Become a complete powerhouse!)
What? 12 hours of group Hypnobirthing classes over 2 consecutive Sundays (2 x 3-hour modules per day)
Where? Group classes are centrally located at ‘Midwest Community Living’ 4 Armstrong St, Geraldton
When? 2018 class dates
19th & 26th August 9-4pm
7th & 14th October 9-4pm
18th & 25th Novemeber 9-4pm
Only 150.00 deposit is required to secure your booking. Once you have completed your booking form (button below) I will send you my payment details. Full payment is required 7 days prior to class commencement.
Other options? Half group, half private: 695.00
Ready to book?
What? 12 total hours of individually tailored, private classes (aka just me and your birth partner) usually divided into 3-hour sessions over 4 weeks.
Where? The comfort of your own home
Perfect for you if:
- You are getting too close to your estimated due date.
- You have a partner who is fly-in fly-out and can’t make a group course.
- You have other special considerations.
When? I take on a limited number of private clients throughout the year.
Does this suit you best?
What? 12 hours of Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes over 4 weeks
Where? Delivered privately online via Skype
When? If you are interested in arranging classes via phone or Skype, please use the form on my contact page and I’ll get in touch with you to confirm a time and date.
Refresher and the positive caesarean course available on request.
Don’t see what you need? Please contact me directly for further details.
Wanna know exactly what you’ll learn?
Take a peek at the Hypnobirthing Australia™ course outline below:
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome – how fear affects labour
- My amazing uterus– understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Our hormones are our friends
- Re-programming the subconscious
- Birthing Environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Creating a Calm birthing space
- The Power of Affirmations
Unit 2: Choices, knowledge & tools for empowered birthing
- Conditioning techniques leading up to birth
- Hypnosis tracks, birth music, aromatherapy
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Choices in maternity care
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Staying Active – exercise during pregnancy
- Tips for Optimal Foetal Positioning
- Introducing our toolkit for birth
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – breathing down
Unit 3: Preparing mind and body for birth
- Visualisations for pregnancy & birth
- Pre-birth bonding
- Bonding with baby at birth
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Artificial Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis techniques to practice alone
- Using triggers, anchors, suggestion, self-hypnosis during pregnancy & birth
- Hypnosis/Relaxation Scripts & Prompts for partners
Unit 4: Birth – bringing it all together
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication with your caregivers
- Special circumstances
- Membranes Releasing
- Questions to help you make good decisions
- Birth companion as advocate
- Your rights as a childbearing woman
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Hypnosis for releasing fears
- What to expect through labour and birth
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Birthing positions
- The birth partner’s role
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding/breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- Hypnosis – rehearsal for birth