The Natural Approach to a Calm & Positive BirthHypnobirthing Australia™ Classes in Geraldton, WA
No matter how your birth unfolds, the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program will help demystify birth and prepare you for the best birthing experience possible.
You have limiting beliefs, self-doubt and fears.
From what you have seen on TV and heard from family, friends, or strangers – birth is portrayed as something negative. This has fed your fears surrounding birth.
You may be wondering: How much is it going to hurt? Will your body know what to do? Will you be a good mother?
You want a natural birth, with medical interventions being used only if necessary.
A natural birth feels right but you just don’t know if you can do it or perhaps, you already feel great but need some guidance. You worry about how the hospital will react to your wish to avoid unnecessary medical interventions and to still have control over your experience if an intervention is needed. There’s so much information out there and Google has done nothing but add to the confusion.
You want the right kind of support from your birth partner.
You value having your partner’s support but feel they don’t necessarily know what to do to help in the way you need. Do they have trouble understanding the birth you want? Are they suggesting that you ‘leave it to the professionals’? Or, do they struggle with knowing how to be useful in the moment? Is your partner actually 100% on board but in need of more information?
It doesn’t have to be this way.
In a conversation with a stranger one day, I was asked if I had given much thought to the birth yet. Truth be told, I hadn’t. All I knew was that I didn’t want to take any drugs as I had read about how they can affect the baby. I also had a fear of medical interventions like needles, epidurals and caesareans. In fact, I rarely opted for western medicine unless it was absolutely necessary.
This lovely stranger then went on to tell me that it was all about getting out of your headspace and letting your body and baby do the work. That last point really resonated with me. I had been studying meditation therapy and holistic counselling. I had learnt about how important the mind-body connection is and how powerful mind tools were to get me through life challenges. I knew that birth was going to be a challenge; one like I had never experienced before.
So, it just made sense for me to approach my birth in the way that I approach life — naturally, positively, consciously.
But all that was available to me at the time were regular doctors’ appointments, a few scans, blood tests and the usual hospital antenatal classes. I appreciated how they all had a place and purpose in my journey, but I also saw first-hand how passive and fearful they might make a woman feel. I was missing real, live support. I had no one to turn to for my big thoughts and questions. And I just couldn’t get my partner to understand the birth I wanted. Sadly, I felt unheard.
Thankfully, the universe sent me Hypnobirthing.
I’ve birthed not one but two babies into the world using Hypnobirthing. My first in a calm, natural hospital birth, and the second in a crazy-beautiful, side-of-the-road car birth. The mindset I developed, as well as the knowledge and tools I learnt, helped me gain confidence in my own ability to give birth and removed all of the fear from the equation. And in that process, I found my calling in life. My belief is that everything a woman needs to positively birth her baby already resides within her.
With the help of Hypnobirthing, I help pregnant women trust their bodies, actively prepare for whatever path the birth journey takes, and reach child birth’s full potential.
Introducing the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program
Thanks to state-of-the-art knowledge, support, tools, and techniques, Hypnobirthing teaches mums-to-be how to maintain a positive mindset, make informed choices, prepare their mind and body for birth, and everything else they need to know to have a calm and empowered birth experience.
From natural births to inductions, home births to caesareans – I have a Hypnobirthing class for you.
Throughout hypnobirthing classes, you’ll learn to:
- Remain calm and confident throughout birth. You and your birth partner will be educated about how the mind and body works and how the birthing process is designed to unfold.
- Address the areas that could incite fear and gear your mindset towards positive thoughts, so you can approach your birth with happiness and excitement.
- Give your partner the opportunity to take on a very important role and have them support you and stay involved every step of the way.
- Choose supportive caregivers.
- Research and consider your birthing options. This will empower you and help your caregiver know how they can best support you.
- Be prepared to calmly meet whatever path your birth may take. Parents can even use these tools and techniques for caesarean births.
- Prepare for birth just as an athlete trains for an event—you too can train your mind and body for the amazing ‘endurance event’ that you are about to perform. This preparation will give you the confidence and the trust to allow your body to do what it is designed to do.
- Use tools (relaxation, self-hypnosis MP3s, breathing, acupressure, visualisations, light touch massage, movement etc.) to draw about throughout pregnancy and birth.
Hey Mel, I just wanted to say thank you for all your help during my pregnancy. Arrived at the hospital fully dilated and ready to push. Thank you for teaching us to trust my body and making Nick the most perfect birth partner one could wish for.Kristy and Nick
Ready to book?
Hypnobirthing truly has the ability to transform the way a woman experiences pregnancy, labour and birth, breastfeeding, motherhood and her entire life!
Trained with the best
I have trained directly with and had my heart touched by the world’s best birth workers:
- Melissa Spilsted — Founder and director of Hypnobirthing Australia™
- Ibu Robin Lim — Midwife, CNN hero and owner of Bumi Sehat Birth Centre, Ubud Bali
- Debra Pascali-Bonaro — DONA doula teacher, childbirth educator, author and film director of ‘Orgasmic Birth- Births Best Kept Secret’
- Dr Kate Levett — Practitioner of Japanese and Chinese Acupuncture, and a birth educator, epidemiologist, educator and researcher
My formal credentials:
- Certified Hypnobirthing Australia™ practitioner 2014
- Birth Doula 2018
- Newborn Mothers Postpartum Professional 2018
- Hypnobirthing Australia™ 2016 & 2018 Award winner for outstanding practitioner achievement
- Current member of Maternity Consumer Network Australia
- Certified Sacred Scent Aromatherapy Birth Worker
- Certified IVHHD meditation therapist and holistic counsellor
- Former medical secretary with over 10 years in the industry
Why I love teaching the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program
- I know that I am giving mothers and their birth partners the best birth preparation there is.
- I witness so many ah-ha moments when mothers finally understand exactly what hypnobirthing is, what really happens during birth and how their bodies are amazingly capable.
- I see reservations and fears turn into confidence and excitement because mothers and their birth partners have the knowledge, tools and support they need to positively meet whatever path their birth journey takes.
- In my classes, couples experience the most up-to-date and evidence-based birth program in Geraldton, Australia and the world—and it is uniquely Australian.
- It makes my heart sing knowing that what I have to offer is often seen as the best family investment. Without fail, the people I am blessed to work with become the biggest advocates for hypnobirthing. It is such a privilege to be part of their journey at such a vulnerable and meaningful time, and I will always remember every single one of them!
I offer group classes as well as private classes in person or via Skype using the Hypnobirthing Australia™program, all in my signature down-to-earth, open-minded style. Nothing hippyish, although self-proclaimed hippies are totally welcome!
Your Hypnobirthing Australia™ course investment includes:
- 12 hours of the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program and individual attention.
- $120 worth of Certified Hypnobirthing Australia™ materials which include two Australian accent birth preparation albums; a comprehensive Hypnobirthing Australia™ folio of additional reading, resources and relaxation scripts; home study videos and the ebook “Little book of Hypnobirthing”.
- Ongoing support and encouragement leading up to and after your birth.
- Complimentary 1:1 support for special circumstances such as an additional fear release, caesarean birth or breech turn.
- Complimentary 1:1 birth debrief to help you reflect on your birth no matter how your baby entered the world.
My courses are for mamas of all stripes.
Scheduled for a Caesarean, or think you might be at risk?
Click here to sign up for the Positive Caesarean Birth, the world’s very first hypnobirthing program for mothers welcoming babies via a truly revolutionary caesarean birth experience.
Live out in woop woop, or just can’t make it to an in-person session?
You can still reap the full benefits of hypnobirthing by getting the Hypnobubs® Hypnobirthing Course which is delivered fully online. With this option it is highly recommended to upgrade to the 90min 1:1 session with me which can be done in person or on Skype. To access, click here.
Ready to book?
With the right preparation and support, nearly every kind of birth can feel calm and empowering.
The birth journey can teach us a lot about ourselves, but the big lesson is that nature can be full of surprises.
No matter how much a mum prepares, birth – like life – isn’t predictable.
But with Hypnobirthing on her side, mums-to-be can approach birthing with an open mind and an open heart, empowered to make the very best decisions for the care of herself and her baby, no matter the path her birth journey takes.
Ready to book?